The water crisis of the Aconcagua Valley.

The topic I selected is the water crisis affecting over the Aconcagua valley de last decade. I chose this topic because it is a topic of my interest as a sociology student and also as a San Felipe citizen.

This topic is relevant to my because is an economic and political conflict thats affects all citizen of the valley directly or indirectly, and also afects the environment. So you can understand, the water crisis conflict in this zone lies in the issue that the big empresary use a ton of the water resource for they activity, mainly the mining and the avocado producer, because they can afford for the water, affecting the little empresary of the communities, but also the ordinary people, the native plants and trees and the animals.

At last, I hope that in the future we can change the Constitution so we can change also the way that we understand and use the water, a ecofriendly way.

Comments

  1. I'm glad you wrote about this because I have seen before and after pictures of Aconcagua valley and the drought is noticeable. I really hope the government comes up with a plan to equally distribute the water between the big industries, the people that live there and the animals.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My PS4.

KARL MARX

Personal Presentation.